Common, Molluscum Contagiosium Virus (MCV) most commonly affects children, but it can also affect adults, especially when the latter have immune deficiency (HIV, chemotherapy, corticosteroid therapy, lympho-proliferative diseases).
However, Molluscum contagiosum affects more children aged 2 to 10 years. Contamination occurs through direct contact or when sharing soiled objects such as bath sponges, towels, especially in swimming pools.
In adults, Molluscum is sexually transmitted and contamination occurs from skin to skin.
This infection is characterized by small skin lesions of flesh or pearly colour, localized in children in the folds of the skin or on the face, and in particular when they are subject to atopic dermatitis.
In adults, this phenomenon is rarer and most often appears in the genital area.
Molutrex is a medical device that treats this contagious condition.
Very simple to use, Molutrex solution is applied locally to the skin and does not require rinsing.
This product can be used on the face as well as on the body, but care must be taken to avoid contact with the eye area and mucous membranes.
Molutrex solution was developed and marketed by the ACM dermatological laboratory, an independent laboratory of international scope which was built on three essential values:
honesty, ambition and high standards.
Directions for use:
1 to 2 applications per day, morning and evening. As soon as inflammation (redness) appears, stop the application. Apply the solution only to the Molluscum contagiosum to be treated, sparing the healthy skin.
When using the solution, place the bottle on a flat surface to avoid spilling the bottle
- Children under 3 years of age,
- Application on mucous membranes and around the eyes,
- Allergy to one of the components,
- Application on infected Molluscum contagiosum,
- Application on classic warts and any other keratinization of the skin.
Precautions for use:
- This product may be corrosive if used inappropriately. It is imperative to apply the solution only to the Molluscum contagiosum to be treated.
- Do not use on mucous membranes or around the eyes.
- If you are breastfeeding, it is strongly recommended not to use this solution on parts of the body that may come into contact with the infant.
- This solution is not recommended for patients with acute atopic eczema or for people with a weak immune system.
- In case of contact with the skin around the Molluscum contagiosum, rinse with water.
- In case of contact with the eyes, rinse with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
- Do not rub eyes or mucous membranes if product is accidentally spilled on fingers. Wash hands promptly.
- Do not exceed the expiry date on the bottle.
- Close the bottle tightly after use.
- The bottle can be kept for 1 month after opening.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Store at room temperature between 15°C and 25°C.
5% potassium hydroxide, purified water